As a post accreditation activity to upgrade and sustain quality in Higher Education and as per the guidelines set forth by the NAAC, Bangalore, the Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC) was established on 10th December, 2006. Since then, the IQAC has become an integral part of the institution, keeping in mind the need for an overall development of Academic, Administrative and Infrastructural needs.
Principal : Dr. K.D. Dhawale
Co-ordinator : Dr. C.H. Patil
Members : Prof. C.M. Kotturshettar
Dr. S.N. Hanchinmani
Prof. B.F. Gamanagatti
Alumni : Shri. Basavaraj Bikkannavar
Shri. Vinay Hebbal
Shri. P.M. Mudigoudar
Shri. Subhas Patil
Prof. V.V. Patil
Prof. B.S. Patil
Prof. C.V. Koppad
Mr. Prabhu Shirur
Students : Miss. Disha Deshpande
Miss. Ashalata Shetty
Mr. Manjunath Malode
Mr. Ravindra Kulkarni
Miss. Soudhamini N.
Miss. Bhagyashree Gadgil
Mr. Ashwin Dhawale
Mr. Bharamagouda Giddappagoudra
Faculty : Dr. S.V. Hegadal
Prof. (Smt.) R.B. Sakkari
Shri. B.V. Kapparashetty
Dr. G.V. Kokkalki
Dr. G.M. Hugar
Smt. Manasa C. T.
Shri. S.R. Williams
Shri. Suresh Maben
Smt. S.R. Haliyal
Administrative Staff : Shri. S.J. Dandin
Smt. L.R. Soans
Technical Staff : Smt. J.P. Goni
Management Representatives : Prof. J.S. Kuri
External Experts : Prof. Y.M. Jayaraj
Stakeholder : Dr. V.M. Korvi
Industrialists : Shri. Mahesh Bellad
Community Representative : Rev. D.T. Konesagar
Goal of IQAC:
- Implementing the recommendations of the NAAC Peer Team.
- Enhancement and sustenance of quality education.
- Upgradation and maintenance of infrastructure.
- Augmentation of ICT in teaching-learning.
Functions of IQAC:
- IQAC conducts meeting twice in an academic year.
- Planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation are the prime concern of the IQAC.
- Enhancing and sustaining the quality of teaching-learning process.
- Facilities are given for improving the quality of teaching and learning process.
- Enhancement of infrastructural facilities.
- Students are encouraged to promote class-room activity so as to maintain the quality of education and their overall growth.
- The committees like library advisory committee, magazine committee, examination committee constituted and well equipped for quality assurance of the Institution’s administration.
- Participation of maximum number of students is assured in cultural and other activities.
- Promotes research culture in the institution.
- Co-ordinates with all stakeholders.
- Conducts Gender Audit.
- Supports the conduct of workshops, awareness programmes, special lectures, seminars and other activities for total quality enhancement.
- Analyses feedback from stakeholders and informs the concerned about its outcome.
- Prepares Annual Quality Assurance Report (AQAR).
Implementation of IQAC Proposals and Decisions Taken:
The following decisions of the IQAC have been approved by the management and most of them are implemented:
- Separate reading section for teachers and girl students in the library.
- Construction of seminar hall.
- Construction of Gym.
- Extension of office.
- Extension of staff room to have a separate cabin for department heads.
- Extension of ladies room to have more seating arrangements and wash room facilities.
- Additional urinal facilities for boys at ground floor.
- Construction of additional class rooms.
- Computers with internet and Wi-Fi facility for students and faculty in the library, staff room.
- Office to be computerized.
- Different segments of books, magazines and periodicals are to be made available in the library.
- Teachers are to be encouraged to be more research-oriented.
- Better sports infrastructure and trainers.
- Social concerns, moral values to be inculcated among students.
- Extra and remedial classes to be conducted for slow learners.
- Environmental protection and pollution control programmes to be conducted regularly.
- College to be centre of excellence for CPT classes.
- Upgradation of class rooms with latest ICT, audio, visual and internet connectivity.
- Efforts to be made to setup corporate-academic linkage.
- Faculty members to be motivated to present papers at National and International Conferences / Seminars / Workshops.
- Initiatives to be taken for creating awareness regarding environmental protection and women empowerment among the students.
- Organising the National/ State Level Seminars / Conferences with grants form UGC.
- Initiatives to be taken for the renovation of computer lab, installation of CC TV Cameras and other infrastructural developments.
- Organising community service oriented programmes through NSS,Red Ribbon Club, Youth Red Cross Wing, and Women Cell.
- Teaching staff to be encouraged to procure more research grants from UGC for major and minor research projects.